Monday, November 8, 2010

RINGETTE BREAKFAST, ANOTHER GREAT WEEKEND OF ACADIA HOCKEY, A GREAT FUND RAISER AND CHAPLE CREEK CRAFTS

RINGETTES FOR BREAKFAST?
Although ringettes might sound like a breakfast cereal, they are not! They are Berwick Minor Ringette players who are on a fund raising tear. First the breakfast then later on their auction hosted by AVR's Jocelyn Dylan. Let's face it, a breakfast at Meadowbrook Meat Market is always a winning situation!

The new cruiser outside Meadowbrook.

Our service was great!

Vance Dylan (aka: famous record producer, chain saw guy from the corn maze or Jocelyn Dylan's husband), AVR Cruiser driver Jocelyn Dylan, and AVR's Jen Pick getting the beverages!

Good Eatin'!

When we were done what I think was a child worker came and asked for our plates. Now she could have been a very young 16, but other than that I think this ringette team is violating child labour laws! I'm just sayin'.

CHAPEL CREEK CRAFT SHOW


AVR writer Lori, she and her husband Trevor own Chapel Creek Crafts and they had their annual craft show Saturday. We stopped up to show support and I was amazed at their house and the crafts!

Nice display!



Had a quick burger on the way from my friend Jason Fitzgerald's fund raiser. All I can say is sometimes good things do happen to good people. Jason has been dealt a pretty crappy hand in the last little bit, but after a fund raiser over the weekend, the amazing generosity of the community and I have to give props to my past employer Purolator as well as they really stepped up to the plate. I was proud to be a part of it, just a small part, and things are eased up on his young family after a horrible tragedy. Thank you.

ACADIA HOCKEY WEEKEND
I am at every Acadia hockey game, and to be honest I thought they were going to split the 2 games over the weekend, but I was surprised on Friday night as they man handled Moncton! I have to give it to the boys, they really rose to the occasion. They played a lesser opponent with St Thomas Saturday, but still came out on top in a good game. They are on the road this weekend and Len Hawley will be on the road with them. You can listen to AVR for live play by play hockey with the March of Champions both Friday and Saturday at 6:40 for the pre game show.


Get set to enjoy my buddy Len Hawley all week filling in for me. I have a couple of days off, but I will be at the variety show in Berwick Saturday night, and the Barn Dance right after. I am going to Halifax to check out Australian Pink Floyd Tuesday, so you enjoy the week I will be back Monday...unless some one forgot to tell me something.

-Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment