Sunday, May 16, 2010

I NEED A WEEKEND TO GET OVER THE WEEKEND THIS PAST WEEKEND!

I had a busy weekend, and I'll post it up on Monday, but I had to get in a couple of things before Monday's AVR Morning Show. First off, if you had a chance to listen to Saturday Night Classics, and you heard the song Big John by Jimmy Dean, then you heard a snippet of a commercial that was done live on TV in 1960. If you didn't listen to the show, I play classic country for ya, Saturday Nights between 8 and midnight for Berwick Building Supplies. Here's the whole commercial, you should get a kick out of it!




The second thing that I wanted to get on the AVR Morning Show Blog was Friday's Thane Dunn Show at Festival Theater in Wolfville. There are all kinds of things to tell you about that day but I'll start right right at the beginning so you can follow the whole story...


For some reason I didn't get a pic at our dinner at Smitty's, but the guy standing beside Thane Dunn (the Elvis guy) is Dean Dorey. Dean is one of the nicest guys I have ever met, and he would do what ever he could to help you. Dean is a regular caller on the AVR Morning Show, and when ever I pic up the phone and I heard Dean's voice on the other end I alway know that I am going to end up laughing.
Dean is a member in good standing of the Hank Williams Sr. Museum in the U.S., and he had a gift for Thane when he showed up. I brought Dean and his wife Janice backstage to meet Thane and to give him a great gift package from the Museum.

Thane was blown away with the gift and Dean and he talked music history for a while before Thane had to get ready for the show.

There are not many people I know who have a room in their house dedicated to Elvis. My girlfriend Jen loves Elvis and collects Elvis stuff, so much so she has a room of just Elvis stuff at our house. Dean Dorey also has such a room at his house, so while Dean and Janice were in town we invited them up to the house to see the Elvis Room.

Jessie Collins does an excellent tribute to John Lennon and here's the proof from the show...






I'll have videos of Thane on tomorrows blog along with complete coverage of the Windsor Day Care Musical Medley that I am hosting tonight at 6 at Mermaid Imperial Performing Arts Theater in Windsor. Here are some pics to tide you over though!
Thane in jumpsuit #1 for the night.

He's talking to Mark who is in a wheel chair. At Thane's last concert in Wolfville, Thane gave him a guitar, this time he gave him a ring with Elvis on it.

This is Josh meeting Thane Backstage. Josh won the VIP package to the show and got all kinds of goodies backstage.

Costume #2 of the show, this time with a cape.

Thane even sat in the audience talking to some of the fans!

Thane took the time to meet every single person who wanted to meet him, including AVR's Jennifer Pick.

These Ladies were very excited to see Thane.

Everyone wanted to get his CD or T-shirts or posters. He signed everything for everybody.

This is Jack, who I have know for a long time, with Thane Dunn. Jack once borrowed an Elvis Suit I had, and still calls himself the Special Olympic Elvis. He wanted to meet Elvis, so I got him in on the side, and Thane actually ended up giving him 2 posters!

Here's Jack with the posters all signed up by Thane.

-Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment