Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A SUPER HERO AND A TROPHIE TO A COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER

A REAL SUPER HERO!
I get to meet all kinds of people who do all kinds of things for their community, but here is a real super hero...meet Mataya



THE DONNIE NEVILLE MOST VALUABLE PERSON AWARD IN MEMORY OF MY DAD

My father has left a community legacy for me to follow in, and he now has 2 awards in his name. There is the Donnie Neville Hockey Trophy presented 2 times a year to the most sportsman like player in the Greenwood Oldtimers Tournament, and now the Donnie Neville MVP trophie for community participation. It is an amazing honor to have these trophies named after my father because of what they stand for. My father was always one not just to live in a community, but to make it better. If it was coaching hockey or softball, or donating blood, or even just helping a person cross the street my father went that extra mile for everyone around him. I hope I refelect the way i was brought up and that I serve my community as well as my dad did.


r






Tomorrow on the AVR Morning Show, Painting with Fraser's Pro Home Center, Mc Happy Day with Sean Connors from Mc Donald's, Lisa Gleve from Mermaid on a great show this weekend, Sing like the King for tickets to see Thane Dunn and his amazing tribute to Elvis at Festival Theater this Friday, I 'Like" Summer for Holland Home Leisure, Triple Threat Trivia for the Swimwear Hut New Minas, The AVR Brainteaser for Subway, Jimmy the Janitor, Jen with Dancing with the Stars wrap up...and if that wasn't enough, somewhere I will try to get you up and going for the day!
-Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment