Sunday, November 21, 2010

WOLFVILLE TREE LIGHTING, AVR STAFF CHRISTMAS FAMILY, COLDBROOK BREAKFAST, PARADE OF LIGHTS IN NEW MINAS

WOLFVILLE CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING
Make sure you find out when your town is lighting their Christmas tree or is having their Christmas celebrations. I was happy to head to Wolfville for theirs!

The Mayor Bob Stead has his own security now! No, that's one of the volunteers!

This guy seemed to be popular with the kids.

I only have a pocket cam, so this is the best pic I could get.

They even had a choir.

Brian the owner of the Home Hardware in Wolfville was there with his family.

The Wolfville Tritons swim team selling hot chocolate from Just Us. I used to be a swimmer, so I had to get one...that and it was really cold!

I exchanged my lights here, and I'll do another one in Kentville!

AVR STAFF CHRISTMAS HELPERS

There are all kinds of things that AVR does behind the scenes that you never hear of, and that is pretty cool. One thing that we do is buy gifts for a family at Christmas. We do different fund raisers throughout the year, NHL office pool, casual Fridays and just last week we had an auction in the office. The staff donated baked goods and other goodies and we raised $250. You can try this in your office too, no matter how much you raise, it's more than you started with.

Here's some of the stuff. Trust me it was yummy, I ate alot of it!

BREAKFAST WITH THE COLDBROOK LIONS

Lion George picking up the dishes...and AVR's Jen Pick!

Working hard in the kitchen!

Ross getting the coffee ready!

King Lion Rosanne Kaiser helping out with breakfast.

Tickets for a grocery shopping spree!




MLA Ramonna Jennex has introduced a Lemon Law for car dealers to help protect consumers. She explains how it's supposed to work.

THE NEW MINAS RORARY CLUB CHRISTMAS PARADE OF LIGHTS 2010.

I love this parde, it's the 3rd year I've been involved and it grows every year! I was shocked at how many showed up because just as we were starting it was still rain and snow mixed!

My drivers for the night AVR Media consulantant Ron D and his son Connor.

Me and AVR's Jen Pick were in the back.

AVR's Di Best dirrecting traffic.

Looking for fun anyone?

There were some really nice floats.

All decked out for the night.

Sammy the safety plow.

John Decoste getting pics for the paper.

Lion Kirk Longmire and his family getting into the Christmas spirit.

Good place to watch the parade, hot chocolates not far away!

This guy is always funny!

Free coffee anyone? Be an office hero by entering the McDonald's contest at http://www.avrnetwork.com/.

The man of the hour! Santa!
Tomorrow I will have more on the lemon law, Kentville Mayor Dave Corkum will have a Movember update, Jimmy the Janitor, Office Hero, Triple threat trivia and who knows what else! Last week I had a local UFO story, so hold on to something I'll get you going!
-Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment