Wednesday, November 24, 2010

COMING UP ON THE AVR MORNING SHOW FRIDAY

I think the topic of every one's office cooler, card party, and bar stool has to be how badly the traffic in New Minas is flowing. To be honest, I have been at my wits end about it, so I thought I would do something about finding out how to drive this new roundabout. This has be touted as the solution to our traffic problems. First off I called Young Driver's of Canada in New Minas, and Greg couldn't tell me because he didn't know if it was going to be a one lane or 2 lane roundabout. THERE'S MORE THAN ONE KIND?! Greg was really cool and stayed on the phone with me and my hysterics for 15 minutes. When I calmed down, I called Ramona Jennex's office and Irene told me she would find out who to talk to. I couldn't wait, I had to get to the bottom of this. HOW DO YOU DRIVE ON THIS THING? Fred Whynot at the DOT in New Minas, he's the guy. Voice mail. DANG! How do I get an answer? Irene called and I was recording some commercials and didn't hear my page, so I called back and she gave me Keith Boddy's phone number. This guy is Mr. Roundabout. I thought the roundabouts in Windsor, Avonport and now in New Minas were just cruel jokes being played on us Valley folk. Keith has overseen and done the relations on 14 new roundabouts in Nova Scotia. 14? He tells me that this is the new trend, and it works worldwide, and it will work in New Minas. I did ask him if he ever drove in New Minas before and he assures me he has studied the traffic patterns in New Minas and this will work. I will have him on the AVR Morning Show Friday, I'll firm up a time by Thursday, but he is booked in and he will tell you what to expect from our new roundabout.

Here are some things that will ease your mind on the roundabout coming to New Minas, they plan on opening it by next week too.




As well the Nova Scotia Government website on roundabouts is
http://www.gov.ns.ca/tran/hottopics/roundabout.asp

If you are still unsure about driving on the roundabout after checking this out, DO NOT DRIVE ON IT DURING PEAK RUSH HOURS! Try it on after 10pm, or over night, but not when it is full and you might cause an accident. I think Friday will be fun.
-Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment