Monday, October 25, 2010

ELIZABETH FURNISS, DID SOMEONE SAY TIMBER?, AND MY AMAZING PUMPKINS

YEP WE GOTTA CHRISTMAS TREE
Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you I am all about shopping local. I have a Christmas tree U-pick just behind my house, so off to choose one no taller than 7 feet tall.
Not a bad size.

Me with the tag. You can't read it but it has my name on it.

Here's where we went to get it, and they have lots of em' too! You go back after December 1st, go with your family and cut it down. It really is a tradition from years gone by, and it's a great way to get everyone out of the house.

PUMPKIN FIESTA
So This year, the 2nd Halloween we have owned the house, in an effort to make it more children friendly so they come and trick or treat, someone, not me, decided that one carved pumpkin from last year was not enough. No! The reason that only 2 children came (we know because we counted the chips and bars and only 2 of each were gone) to our house was because we didn't have 5 carved pumpkins on the step. Now if it wasn't just bad enough that someone, not me, decided that they should bait the local bears with pumpkins on the lawn (someone, not me, called it "decorating for Halloween"), and since that wasn't working fast enough to have the bears greet me on the front lawn at 4 am , to actually get the smell of the pumpkin insides to the bears through carved jack-o-lanterns. This will get the bears to greet me at 4 am in the morning for sure. I call this the new "Lookout for Bears in the Morning" game. Someone, not me calls it decorating and me just silly!

Mr. Two Face

Mr. Tooth Monster.

Ms. Dangly eyes.

Mr. Traditional

It took me 2 hours to carve all of these with Jen cleaning them out!

ELIZABETH FURNISS LIVE IN THE AVR MORNING SHOW STUDIO



Tomorrow how to win a cruise with a food bank donation, and the start of the 7:40 Acadia ticket give away. Jimmy the Janitor, Subway Brain Teaser at 7:15, The Swimwear Hut Triple Threat Trivia at 8:15.
-Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment