Sunday, September 19, 2010

GOLFING FOR FUN AND TO HELP JR. GOLFERS AT ISLAND GREEN GOLF COURSE KENTVILLE

Hunter Brule and I were invited out to the Island Green Golf Course by Matt and Marty to play in the first ever Jr. Golf fund raiser. This is going to pay for 5 kids to get into a sport they could not normally afford , complete with full course memberships and clubs. Just so you know on the record my team won, but since I was golfing with Matt, Marty and his son (who is the best I have ever golfed with) we couldn't win. Marty owns Island green and designed it, so he has a bit of an advantage!

Hunter and Matt having some fundamental disagreements about who was going to win...

...I on the other hand was playing with the guy who put on the tourni and the guy who owns the course.

Hunter was off to find his team...

...and while he did i gave out the Herb Tarleck award for white belt and shoes to these fine gentlemen from Acadia University.

...Look, Hunter found his team but there's no room on the cart for him! I guess it's Calcutta rules here Hunter!

I've never been closest to the hole before, and I actually won it at the end of the day! I got a big impact drill. Here's the problem...Jerry+power tools=hospital visit!

Even the owner has to go looking for his ball in the rough! There's a bee's nest in there that's almost as big as my belly!

Yep! He got his ball stuck in there too! Trying to be fancy they were!

Here's Dan the BBQ man with all the great meat from M and M Meat Shoppes.

Getting ready to eat!

I really wanted this pic here, and so did Hunter!

These guys won em'!

Lots of prizes to give away.

Hunter won one of these jackets too, but he had to leave early so he could give away the Magic 94.9 Tim Horton's community cruiser.

Closest to the hole on the Island Green!


Longest drive!


M and M Meat Shoppes prizes packs!

Sherri having fun, Marty's wife!

Getting ready for Acadia hockey today, then the Call Me Fitz Premire at the Al Whittle Theater right after. It's going to be another fun day in the Annapolis Valley! Pitter Patter Let's Get At Er'!

-Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment