Thursday, August 12, 2010

MOVIES AND A PLAY IN WOLFVILLE, AND JASON MC COY UNCENSORED

If Wolfville is trying to be the cultural center of the Annapolis Valley, this week they are really shining! I had the opportunity to go to the Valley Summer Theater production of The Woman In Black, and while I was in town I thought I would check out the movie set for November Christmas, the Hallmark film being shot on Main Street.


I could sit here and give you all the history on this play, how it has been running for over 20 years in Britain, but I want to tell you what I think. I didn't know what to expect, I have been to live theater before, I just didn't know this play. I must admit I was a little confused until about 5 minutes in and I figured it out, and I won't tell you as to not give away the story line. The acting is very good, and I really felt for the for the character played by Robert Seale, he made me believe he really was the character. He also has a great voice, I am sure he does voice over work as well. With the use of a great lighting plot, "recorded sound", and theater of the mind, The Woman In Black gets it's message out loud and clear. Bottom line, is it worth the price of admission, and the answer is yes...if you enjoy the theater. This may not be the play for some first time theater goers, but it just might too! Check it out.

This is the old Garage Roadhouse restaurant re-done for the set of November Christmas being shot in Wolfville this week.

Here is a copy of the book November Christmas that was in a pexi-glass case outside the old Scotia Bank that was converted to a library exterior.

Here's another shot of the set. They are doing a lot of night shooting if you want to see the stars then you only have 1 more day to do it!


Jason Mc Coy was a nice guy when I met him at Ridgefest, and we had a chance to catch up on the phone, and here he is. Check out his sites:

http://jasonmccoy.com/
http://www.myspace.com/theroadhammers





-Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment