Sunday, April 17, 2011

KENTVILLE HOME SHOW 2011 AND 4 H RALLY

KENTVILLE HOME SHOW 2011

The big trade show of the year is the Kentville home show at the Centennial Arena. Now that i am a home owner, I look forward to checking out new ideas for my house, and best yet, ways I can save money around my house! I know a buck in my pocket is better than in someone else's! Here's some of the picks I took of the show!


Can not say enough about Dale and his parents. They take great care of me at this show every year, and now we are linked up on facebook! I can't wait to see you again, my fudge is almost all gone already!


The gang from Fraser's were ready to answer all your questions!


Scotian Gold had a big booth set up there!


Jerry's RV working out the saving on an RV for someone.


What kind of house wouldn't look good next to a brand new car from Kentville Mazda?


Kevin Bennett and the boys from Atwaters Chimney Service.


Here's Eric From Bolland's Driving Solutions. He has a new instructor car simulator too, that gets first time drivers ready for the road before they get on the road.


The sister's of Atlantic healing hemp with all of their products on display. i was hoping they were going to bring out a T-Zone vibration machine for me to use!


These 2 chased me trying to paint my finger nails, but I smelled the fries cooking and ran!


I know these guys from Palmer's! I have been on location at the Wolfville store a couple of times!


Tom Fredericks and I have worked together at AVR, The Wandlyn Inns, and have been doing the local DJ entertainment thing for years. He's a guy you can trust!


If you want to volunteer with your local Fire department, you need to get a hold of them, because they are always looking for new members!


Tanya Moore has the most energy of anyone I know! She and her committee in Windsor West hants have brought the Relay for Life from 6 small teams to now they have to use the exhibition Grounds in Windsor to hold their relay in just 3 years! This year Tanya has put her hair on the block, she will shave it all of for $10,000! The fund raising begins!


Here's Pam from Invisible fence, the sponsor jimmy the janitor 8:20 on the AVR Morning Show! People think her husband is Jimmy!


Cathy from Bed bath and Home with her display.


This young fella at the canteen sells me a hot dog, fries and a coke, and before he pulls the pop out of the fridge he says, "do you want a diet Coke?" I couldn't pass up the opportunity here. I said, "are calling me fat? Do i look like i should be drinking a diet Coke?" I have never seen someone back peddle so fast, and his mom was going to pee herself laughing in the corner!


Allan Shay and his crew checking out the $7000 backyard give away.


What a great bunch of prizes! check out the list...




Here's me!


Me and Rosie, she calls in Birthdays all the time!

Another regular listener of the AVR morning Show! I really thank you for listening, without you there would be no show, i would be talking to myself!

4H RALLY IN NEW MINAS

I was invited out to be a judge with the 4H Regional Rally by one of the 4h'er's I had the chance to help out. Laura Kenney and her cousin Allison were on the organizing committee and Laura had heard a speech I gave to 4H Real skill about being on the radio, and she actually came in to AVR and Co-hosted a bit of the AVR Morning Show with me. It was my pleasure to be invited as a judge. I was teamed up with Lorne Pigeon who i have had on the AVR Morning Show before when the Scotties Qualifiers were going on in Kentville, he is also a grade 6 teacher. Everyone who participated, you were great and I hope you keep going on in the 4H program. Good luck to the volcano boys from Sommerset, you guys really need to take that show on the road, you guys could pack comedy clubs all over the world with that act!


It was a packed house for the speeches and demos. I was a judge for the Host and Hostess part and remarkably with how many interviews i do on the AVR Morning Show, that is what I had to do with Lorne.


Here are the other judges, Lorne is the one on the far right, and you may recognize Di Best who has been with the AVR family for 30 years! She is also active within the 4H program as well.

Here are the guys and gals competing to be host and hostess for 4H. I have worked with Chris before, he was in real skills and has been on the AVR Morning Show before with that program, and the young lady who is on the far right gave a wonderful paper flower demo in Sheffield Mills for their competition where I was a judge as well. Ms Greenough (far left) and Mr. Daniels (3rd from left) are the new host and hostess for 4H.

The AVR Win Sticker Patrols are hitting the streets this week with stops Mon-Thurs, you need your sticker to get into the winning. Last year i gave away over $10,000 in concert tickets to lucky win sticker owners! You want some of that, get your sticker to win!

Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment