Monday, March 7, 2011

A GREAT WEEKEND TO GET OUT IN THE ANNAPOLIS VALLEY!

I got out to Ski Martock this past weekend, and I have to say the best skiing so far this year. I prefer the granular snow, it's fast and by about noon time it is cut up perfect for my second round. One of the coolest things I have ever seen on a ski hill was the Canada Games Half pipe, and this past weekend there was the provincial half pipe and Evan Banks from Limitless Skate and Snow in the Greenwood Mall was the title sponsor. Here is some of the action, including honorary AVR Misfit Robbie Johnson (his dad is Sales Manager Andrew Johnson).




SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY
So I have been known to write the wrong time in my day timer before, or the wrong date even, and most times, knock on wood three times quick, I end up at the event at the right time and day. Sometimes, because I like to be early and never late for a public appearance, I write in my day timer the start time an hour early. That's what I did for my 4H meeting this past Sunday. The meeting was to start at 1, so I wrote 12 down in my day timer as to be an hour early, but when I got up on Sunday I thought the meeting started at 12, so I showed up at the Sheffield Mills Community Center at 11. A full 2 hour early, and an hour and a half before anyone else planned to be there! So I had a bit of time to drive around. It's OK, I brought Jen along for the ride, and if they needed a judge, she was there to help out. I knew there was a parking problem when Downtown Kentville gets busy, but I didn't know it was that hard to find a spot!

This picture is not one that I found on the net...I TOOK THIS ONE ON SCOTT DRIVE IN KENTVILLE! There is no way this is good for the back suspension, and if it was a quick fix...OK, I can see that, or even goofing around. It was like this when we drove by at 3 too!

As it turns out, the person in charge of the 4H demonstrations and speeches was my friend Megan, who I met through her boyfriend Innis Irvine our station tech guy. That made it easy to be myself in there! Not that I am never not myself!


The judges included me, 2 teachers from Central Kings, and a former 4H'er who actually knew what she was doing. In case you don't know which one I am, I'm at the end of the table...OK, the bald one at the end of the table!


After a quick bite to eat, and a little time with our neglected puppy, and it was back out to the Middleton Legion, where Jennifer and I were both hit by a bout of the flu, to the point where we almost didn't drive home. We both got dizzy and neither one of us felt any good at all. I did have a chance to go apologize for not being able to stay, and to bring on Frank and the Messengers of Hope Band. Last night we raised $1,040 bringing our 3 show total to $4,300, with 2 shows left to go. We thought we could raise $5000 with this series of concerts, but thanks to you we are going to be able to surpass that amount. The next show is Easter Sunday in Berwick at the legion at 7

Coming up tomorrow...you can be part of the 4H experience when Lauren McNeil tells you about Geo-cashing and how to find out more, Wanda will be in at 7:40 to tell you a bit about Atlantic Healing Hemp...and yes I ask that question...plus the gang will be here with Tony Nemis from New Waterford at 6:10, AVR's Brainteaser for Subway at 7:15, Birthdays at 7:50 (http://www.avrnetwork.com/contact.php), Triple Threat Trivia at 8:15, Jimmy the Janitor at 8:20, and Kirk Longmire will tell you if the prizes went on Valley Lions Radio Bingo at 8:50. All that and I am sure I can throw in a march around the Breakfast table to get you family going in the morning.

Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment