Friday, January 14, 2011

AN UPDATE...FINALLY GOT THINGS WORKING

OK! I got my computer up and running, it seems I blew out half my RAM memory, and a quick fix and I was on my way! Thank goodness that the boys at Innovative Systems took care of my stuff, and got it working for me too! Here's some of what I've been up to, so you can share in the fun with me...here we go!

AVR'S RACE 2 WIN WITH VIDEO WORLD

There is a great contest running now on the AVR Morning Show called Race 2 Win, where you can win a 42 inch plasma TV just in time to see the Daytona 500. You can see all the rules and how to play at avrnetwork.com. I went down to visit Jeff Hall and see the TV and watches he'll be giving away as part of Race 2 Win.

Me and Jeff outside Video World. Man it was cold to be there in just a shirt, but it's the only NASCAR type outfit I had! Derek and the gang from OK Tire in Windsor gave it to me at the Oceans and Orchards Power Pull last year.


These are just a couple of the watches you can win, but if you win I promise a Bulava watch.

Me and Jeff learning how to tell time!

So when you do these photo shoots, they get you to do different poses, so this one is the serious one with the 42 inch plasma from Panasonic...


...and this is the fun one!

SKIING AT SKI MARTOCK IS SO MUCH FUN!


Spent a lot of time here over my vacation, and conditions were very good early season, now they are great!




A GREAT MEMORY FOR ME


One of the things I was hoping to share today was my concert experience with Thane Dunn the Elvis Impersonator. Thane has asked that I don't post anything until after Feb 5Th and his big show in NB, but I did find this back stage. Here's a story I haven't told in a long, long, when I used to have long hair, really that long ago...

My first ever professional interview that I did in my life was at 16 years old back stage at the Rebbecca Cohn with the band Haywire. If you are not in tune with 80's Canadian rock music, they were pretty big in the late 80's and they were from P.E.I.. When I was in Halifax to see Thane Dunn the Elvis impersonator, and my friend, I saw the poster that the band had signed that night on the wall! Back stage at the Cohn is plastered with posters of all the shows they have ever done, and I quipped, "Wouldn't it be cool if we could find a poster from Haywire back here from when I stood right there and watched from side stage?" I was working for Dartmouth Cable TV (way, way before EastLink days, although the plan was in place for that) and some how got permission to do this for my show at the time, Metro Music. This is a very special memory for me!

MY VISIT TO THE OLD PORT BAKERY IN PORT WILLIAMS

You have to imagine that everyone and a while I get some...wild for lack of a better word, phone calls at AVR. So when I was walking by the front desk to the photo copier it was not a major shock to me when Kim, our receptionist, says to me, "there's a lady on hold who wants you to bake some cookies with her." I sounded intriguing, so off I went to the Old Port Bakery.

Yummy lemon sticky buns!


Satisfied customers!


Chief, cook and bottle washer! Judy Smith.




NOVA SCOTIA GIRL DONE GOOD
Sophie Grant is lucky to have seen her favorite singer Keith Urban from the front row of the Cavendish Beach Music festival, and snap some great pics at the same time. She would never have thought that one of her quick pics would be chosen from tens of thousands submitted to Keith Urban's fan page to be on his fund raising calender this year. She says it's like a dream come true, I can only imagine!

Sophie's pics were used not just for the calender, the left one, but on the thank you cards that got sent out to the 12 lucky winners.


Here's the pic as it will appear in the calender! Way to go for a girl from Milford!


If you are not up in time to hear him, go to my Facebook page and check out the comments from Tony Nemis from New Waterford, and when you are up at 6:10 check out Tony Live on the AVR Morning Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment