Thursday, January 20, 2011

LOCAL PERFORMERS NOMINATED FOR THE EAST COAST MUSIC AWARDS

There have been some lucky folks who have worked really hard and have had their dreams come true. To get noticed in the world of music is pretty hard and these valley folks have the ear of the whole Maritimes. First up for Blues Recording of the Year, last years winners, the Hupman Brothers and the Dungaree Brothers The South Mountain Swamp Opera...



Up next is a guy who has been on the AVR Morning Show a couple of times as well, but I prefer this appearance backstage at the big concert at Willow Bank U-Pick Farm last year. Up for Country Recording of the Year, Kevin Davison



Here's a guy I have only seen once and have waited to see again ever since. I get to see all kinds of live music, and one of my passions is going to concerts. I can remember the first concert I went to and how the volume near knocked my head off, I can remember seeing the band Kiss for the first time (I have seen them twice) and how it made me feel like a 6 year old kid at Christmas, and I remember seeing Matt Anderson and how he totally blew me away and had goose bumps standing up on my entire body. He is up for Fans Choice.



Another local act that I hope to get in the AVR Morning Show Studio is Swingoloy, and they are up for Jazz Recording of the Year.



Here is a guy who is nominated for Media Person of the Year, and I personally know he is working his butt off to do it too. You may even remember the name because he worked here at AVR before he went to Halifax, his name is Tom Bedell



Good luck to all the nominees!

No comments:

Post a Comment