Wednesday, September 22, 2010

WINNERS AND I STILL HAVE A PILE OF TICKETS ON MY DESK

I gave away 6 Acadia football tickets, 2 Acadia hockey tickets, and 2 Hants Co. Ex tickets on the AVR Morning Show today, and that was on top of the Song Of The Day winner of $97.70, the Subway Brain Teaser at 7:15, and the Swimwear Hut's Triple Threat Trivia at 8:15! Drew Carey ain't got nothin' on me I'll tell ya! There's still more, and then Saturday I'm giving away the AVR Cruiser Saturday at the Ex in Windsor! Here's a video of all the pics I have of the AVR Community Cruiser since we met 3 summers ago at just 30,000 km! There's a pile of parade kilometers on this thing too! The music is from the Good Feeling Band.



Here's some links to stuff going on in the Annapolis Valley that I think are pretty cool.

This one is for the new Debbie Travis show on CBC. All I can tell you is watch it, and after it airs I can show you behind the scenes exclusive pics and vids, but I can't say anything before Sunday 26th September, 9pm on CBC TV!...

http://www.cbc.ca/debbietravis/videos.html?ID=1578365259

You will remember these guys from Kraft Hockeyville last year...







Well they are not out of it just yet. They looked into putting the money from their win into the youth arena, but it wouldn't pay off, so they started a fund for a brand new arena in Lawrencetown. Here's the e-mail I got from one of the organizers...

Hi Jerry!

A busy weekend, everywhere! I checked out your blog on the Fitz opening - looked great!

The Lawrencetown Youth Arena Dinner/Auction was a great success Saturday night and we made $7300 for the Arena's Capital Fund! We were really, really pleased - takes our Capital Fund up to $57,700!

This is the notice going up on the rink's website today - www.LawrencetownYouthArena.com

Next up - we're preparing for the launch of the Hockeyville book December 11th. We'd love to have you there if it works for your calendar. The time slots won't be firm for a while, but I think the Meet the Authors section will be late afternoon/suppertime sort of time frame that Saturday. I'll let you know!

Thanks for the promotion on the radio for last week - much appreciated!!

Lynn


Check it out and see what they're up to.

And maybe you are up for a trail ride, you can check these guys out in their new digs. I am trying to find the time to get a trail ride together, probably when I am on vacation at Ski Martock this winter.

www.evangelinetrailrides.com/new1

Tomorrow I'll find out about a CAPS fundraiser in Bridgetown and still more football passes to giveaway, maybe even ones in the new VIP section where you get an actual seat, and you can enjoy a beer right there while the game is on!



-Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment